TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES
Thank you for visiting Bespoke Sofa London. These terms and conditions apply to any sales orders or website activities. Your statutory rights as the buyer are not affected by these terms and conditions.
By visiting the website and/ or engaging in sales orders, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions ensure all rights of the ‘Seller” Bespoke Sofa London and the “Buyer” are protected. However, please be aware that the statutory rights of the “Buyer” is not affected by these conditions. Every effort is made by Bespoke Sofa London to offer the highest possible standard of service.
1: Pro Forma Orders
Orders will be accepted and dealt with by payment made upon a Pro-Forma issued. Pro-Forma invoices are valid for 30 days, goods should be re-ordered after that time, if still required.
- A 50% deposit is required before we can commence production of your order. Full balance payment must be cleared prior to the scheduled delivery or collection date.
- Payment is required by bank transfer to the following account: HSBC Bank S/C: 40-05-18, Account No: 73848639
- Orders for export outside the EU require proof of shipment, which is the buyer’s responsibility to provide to the seller. VAT will then be deducted from the original order.
- Overdue accounts will be charged 2% over the LIBOR base rate per month or part thereof and may also be passed over to a 3rd party for collection and a collection fee will be added to your invoice value.
- We reserve the right to ask for a 50% deposit before an order is processed where we feel appropriate.
3: Delivery and Collection
- We endeavor to carry out deliveries scheduled, however delivery dates shall not be legally binding on us. Any delivery or collection date quoted is a genuine estimate. Scheduled deliveries will be rescheduled if the buyer fails to meet the payment terms under point 2.
- We shall not be held responsible/ liable for scheduled deliveries that could not be carried out due to any circumstances beyond our control.
- It is the buyers responsibility to ensure the goods delivered are as ordered, and they are of satisfactory quality. Upon delivery or collection the buyer must sign the delivery/collection note.
- If there is no one to receive the delivery, it will be understood that all items were delivered in a good and acceptable condition to the best of our knowledge. We will unfortunately not in a position to accept any claims or damages raised subsequently.
- Any discrepancies must be notified to us within the next 48 hours. Goods shall not be used in any way and original packaging must be retained.
- The limits of liability for any fault or defect shall not exceed the purchase price of the item.
- It is the Buyers responsibility to ensure items purchased can fit through internal and external access points including any passages, stairwells, landings and doorways on the way to the destination room. The buyer must inform the seller whether any item must be assembled on site prior to production. The seller holds no liability for items not fitting in the premises and any rework or restocking fees will be payable by the buyer prior to final delivery.
- Delivery times will be communicated at our earliest convenience. We do not accept any liability for delays caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- All deliveries/collections outside of London have to be arranged and will be charged per mileage.
- Our delivery team will unpack your furniture, install it in the room of your choice and if you wish we will remove all packing materials from your home and recycle wherever possible. We are not able to take away your old furniture.
- Any parking restrictions must be informed to Bespoke Sofa London Ltd, any costs incurred for parking fines may be charged to the client for full reimbursement.
- We reserve the right to repossess goods which have not been paid for within the agreed period of time and may enter the concerned premises in order to do so.
4: Returns, Refunds and Cancellations
- If you discover any product fault due to poor manufacture we will repair or replace the furniture at no cost to you. We will only replace items as ‘like for like’ which means you cannot change sizes, fillings or fabric. This guarantee does not include normal wear and tear. Changes may be made at an additional cost, please request a quote from one of our design representatives.
- We reserve the right of discretion to accept or refuse the return of any products supplied.
- A restocking charge from 25% from the invoice value is applicable for any return item sold through sales, special offers and items sold as seen. Bespoke items carry a 100% charge.
- Refunds and exchanges are not available for bespoke items and made-to-order items.
- Clearance items are not subject to automatic right of return because they are sold as seen. However, your statutory rights are not affected.
- In the event of a cancellation, the client will be liable for all the costs incurred by us up to the point of cancellation.
- We reserve the right to calculate the costs incurred up to the point of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing.
- The seller guarantees the wood frames of all manufactured furniture for 15 years from the date of delivery. The guarantee excludes normal wear and tear, any fillings, fabrics, legs and mechanisms. This guarantee is given in addition to and not in substitution of your statutory rights.
- Guarantees cannot be assigned to a third party.
- We cannot accept any liability for the use of fabrics that have been provided by clients. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that fabrics satisfy the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended).
- The buyer should notify us at the time of order whether fabrics are Flame Retardant (FR) or FR treated. Certain fabrics are eligible to be used over a ‘barrier cloth’. In essence if a fabric contains over 75% natural fibers, then it need not be FR treated, if the piece of furniture is upholstered first in a barrier cloth.
- Use of a barrier cloth must be clearly specified at order time which carriers a charge. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that we are instructed to use the correct interlining, i.e. domestic or commercial use.
- Fabric batches can vary because there may be slight variations in batches. Some fabrics are more susceptible to color changes than others.
- We cannot accept responsibility for fading or discoloration due to direct or indirect sunlight exposure.
- We cannot accept responsibility for fading or discoloration due to contact or exposure with any chemicals applied directly or applied nearby.
- We will not be held liable for any delays of fabric/ leather order deliveries, or costs associated due to these delays.
- We will not be held liable for any flaws or defects in COM (customers own material) or COL (customers own leather) provided at any stage and cannot inspect fabrics or leathers supplied by the customer or your providers. We will not be held liable for any costs or damages associated to delayed delivered or damaged goods.
7: Risk and Title
- Risk of the goods shall pass to the buyer on delivery but goods shall remain the seller’s property until the goods are paid for in full. In the case of payment by cheque, this will be when the funds have cleared the seller’s account.
- Until you become the owner of the goods you shall not sell the goods or part with possessions of the goods.
- The seller may, for any purpose of recovery, enter any premises where the goods are stored for the reason of repossession.
8: Bespoke Orders
Acceptance of bespoke designs must be confirmed in writing by the client prior to the production of furniture, this is to avoid any misunderstanding between the two parties. If the buyer is providing the seller with an image, the seller cannot guarantee an exact match unless the seller is provided complete technical drawings. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that designs/ images can be replicated legally.
Slight differences in dimensions may occur due to the materials within the build. If the furniture has to fit in a specific space please let the seller know at the time of ordering.
Whereby specific dimensions are provided by the client, we cannot accept any liability for the final look or comfort of the item. In the even that dimensions are not provided, we will suggest appropriate dimensions to the best of or knowledge subject to approval by the buyer for which we will not accept any liability.
Once the order has been confirmed, any changes will affect both the cost and the delivery schedule.
9: Internet Enquiries
- The following Terms and Conditions only apply to enquiries made through the internet. It is not possible to place orders online, however clients can place an enquiry that will then be addressed by a design representative.
- We work diligently to display the colors of our online products as accurately as possible. However we cannot guarantee your individual monitor will accurately reflect the actual colour of the product delivered.
- Every effort is made to ensure complete accuracy of information on our website, however some prices and details may change over time and it is possible errors may occur. We will do our utmost to rectify any errors as quickly as possible but we cannot be held liable for any loss incurred due to these errors.
- We have the right to refuse any inquiry placed by you.
10: Data Protection
- Bespoke Sofa London Ltd is a registered data controller operating in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988. All personal data is processed in accordance with the Act.
11: Right of Third Parties
- For the purpose of Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, this Agreement does not and is not intended to provide any rights to enforce any of its provisions to any person who is not a party to it.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sales are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Bespoke Sofa London Ltd is obliged by law to provide the following information:
The website – www.bespokesofalondon.co.uk is operated and owned by Bespoke Sofa London Ltd.
Our address and all communications can be addressed to us at:
Bespoke Sofa London Ltd
559 Kings Road
Registered in England No: 06351577 VAT No: GB 914 809 710